Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sports Blog FAIL

When you look at the dismal state of sports blogging, you come away with the impression that it really could use some cleaning up.

This post appeared on the BaseballBriefs.com aggregator, which I'm trying to integrate as a news source:
Please Answer!!! Is This Person Actually Serious?!?
September 15, 2009, 9:04 am
Posted at: http://baseballblog.co.cc/?p=27172
Do not just jump up and say A Rod or anything. I know he is good but still.

As I'm writing this, that post is five minutes old. Curious, I clicked the link to look at it:
I’ve been blogging on this sports forum recently, and I just got this insane comment by this person:
Jennifer I have sent an email to Jeter’s organization regarding your post and the claims you made including this site. If Randy approves your psycho comments and okay with them then at least if Jeter gets attacked or harrassed by you I’m told others have reported both Randy and you to his people. Good luck with your scary post and comments of your obsession about this man. Jeter himself said he doesn’t care about the negative and jokes made about him. It’s the crazy obsession he gets that would bother him which is why he’s very selective what girls he talks to and has his guys with him all the time to protect and question any girls intention who wants to meet or hook up with Jeter. Jeter is not a dumb man when it comes to young ladies who really want to hang out with him. Just so you know you are what he’s NOT looking for.
______
Is this person actually serious? (read details)

And, no, I didn't miss copying a link to "the details" because there wasn't one.

Essentially, then, any bag of nuts can get on any blog, and yap incessantly about nothing, and about things that have nothing to do with sports, and then not post links or explain anything because their racing, confused little minds can't handle the detail-oriented aspects of the Internet.

Sports Blog FAIL.

My work is rife with errors, I admit that, but I, at least, try to blog competently. I don't get it.

Baseball briefs, as an aggregator, you are getting stuck with some really bad product:
Life Magazine 1949 May 2 West Point Baseball Star - September 15, 2009, 9:10 am

Soccer Ball School Sports Large Sterling Silver Charm - September 15, 2009, 9:08 am

CC and AJ in the playoffs - September 15, 2009, 9:06 am

Please Answer!!! Is This Person Actually Serious?!? - September 15, 2009, 9:04 am

Bo Knows - September 15, 2009, 9:02 am

Angry Words Top Off Pirates’ Win Pirates closer - September 15, 2009, 9:00 am

Salem Red Sox Drop Game 1 Of Carolina League Finals To Lynchburg Hillcats - September 15, 2009, 8:58 am

How Sweep it is.. - September 15, 2009, 8:56 am

Reds Activate OF Jay Bruce - September 15, 2009, 8:54 am

Pirates Prospect Kyle McPherson Interview - September 15, 2009, 8:52 am

Morneau Sidelined; Dice-K is Back! (Not sure if you should be excited, though) - September 15, 2009, 8:50 am

Monogrammed Embroidered Sports Burp Cloths Personalized - September 15, 2009, 8:48 am

New York Yankees Hitch Cover Trailer Truck Suv Plastic - September 15, 2009, 8:46 am

Mlb Milwaukee Brewers Official Poker Chip - September 15, 2009, 8:42 am

The people selling hitch covers, poker chips, and assorted crap shouldn't get any play at all on a baseball-oriented aggregator. The headline, "Soccer Ball School Sports Large Sterling Silver Charm," shouldn't even be on the damned Internet, it's so goofy, but an embedded tag for baseball, or some similar piece of nefarious code, inserts that nonsense into what is actually a pretty good aggregator.

No comments: